Saturday, December 26, 2009

Have my lips stopped producing their own natural oil because I was using lip balm for so long?

Used it 25 times a day (roughly) for 15 years. Am trying to give it up (a week now) but my lips have been in pain since I started. Now they just throb. Any hope or should I go back to lip balm?Have my lips stopped producing their own natural oil because I was using lip balm for so long?
I feel your pain sister.Based on your question I did a little exploring on the web a came across the most hilarious web site about the ';Chapstick Conspiracy';.Here is the tp://www.kevdo.com/lipbalm/chapstick.htm鈥?





My husband siad there is a scientifical reason behind chaplips and I cant remember it all however he says rub your lips with lemon salt a few times. It burns at girst but not for long.It supposedly balances the Ph something or other. I did it and it works.





Then for maintenance if your lips start feeling dry try this. Mash a quarter of a ripe papaya until it makes a juicy paste. Lay down and apply a generous amount to lips leaving it on for 10-15 min. Then rinse it off.The papaya containes exfoilaing enzimes that help soften and refine lip lines.





Remenber we all have a certain addiction.I think I found mine. Prepare yourelf.Lets take our lipds back.Have my lips stopped producing their own natural oil because I was using lip balm for so long?
NO!!
I had heard that people who use lip balm, end up with dryer lips, but I didn't quite understand. I see now, and I've got a problem too.
the companies that make the product put chemicals in there to make you NEED to keep using it. How would people make their money if everything was cured from one tube or dose? think about it.
your lips actually do stop producing their own oils because of lip balm use, it happens in everyone except those who dont use it, there is a chance your lips might go back to normal but not likely
find foods that are rich in embalming oil.
Look at old candles. Lip balm is made with wax. Try an oily lip gloss for a while and see if that helps.
You should just not use lip balm that much anymore, maybe once a week but no more, try that and see if they get better and start to produce their natural oil!

No comments:

Post a Comment