Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Lip balm recipies without beeswax?

easy ways to make lip balm without beeswaxLip balm recipies without beeswax?
Sorry, I looked and looked, but all the recipes contained beeswax. Unless you have a specific reason why you want to make your own lip balm, I'd suggest you try Kiehl's lip balm for babies. I LOVE lip balm. It would be that one item I'd take to a desert island. I've tried all kinds from cheap vaseline to super expensive brands, but the one I love most is Kiehl's baby lip balm. It's like vaseline...maybe it is...but it's so moisturizing, I usually only need to apply once a day.Lip balm recipies without beeswax?
The only ones I've heard of use Vaseline and flavouring such as cocoa powder and kool-aid. They just involve melting the Vaseline and then adding the cocoa powder or kool-aid, pouring into a container and letting it set. In my opinion, if you're going to do that, you might as well just use plain Vaseline, since technically, you're not really 'making' the lip balm.





If you are interested in making lipglosses as well (you can use it as lip balm as well), here is a site. The first recipe containts beeswax, but the other two don't.





http://www.associatedcontent.com/article鈥?/a>





Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment