Wednesday, December 30, 2009

How can I get my sister to stop using this Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm?

She's also a vegan and uses cosmetics that are not tested on animals so she opts for this Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm... it does say ';not tested on animals'; but I've told her numerous times that they're lying to get her to buy the product... plus bee by-products are absolutely cruel.





They make bees work long shifts and numerous hours, over-exerting them and stealing the honey they produce for themselves. That's animal abuse as far as I'm concerned, and wherever there's abuse, we vegans will fight so that justice may prevail. So my question to you is: How do I get her to opt for something more natural and less cruel?How can I get my sister to stop using this Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm?
Buy your sister an alternative as a gift and see if she likes it. If she does, she may realize that there are viable vegan beauty products on the market. One suggestion is a line called Perk %26amp; Brew Lip Balm by Crazy Rumors. Your local health food store may carry it or you could try Vegan Essentials.comHow can I get my sister to stop using this Burt's Bees beeswax lip balm?
Hello they are bees! How do they ';make'; them work long shifts??? Bees are busy workers by nature. I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to ';make'; a bee work numerous hours. Get off your high horse and join the rest of us. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't make them an animal abuser! I thought vegans were supposed to be open minded but I guess that only applies to people who think the same as you.
Those bees would not have a job without people like your sister buying the fruits of their labor. I suppose you would rather see the bees on welfare sitting on their beehinds waiting for a bailout from obama instead of having the dignity of a good job and a good days work and actually producing something good.
Bees, as a result of strong unionisation of the workforce, currently have the best pay and conditions of any social insects on the planet. Ants and termites should have it this good!














*cough*cough*cough*troll*cough*cough*
Buy her some vegan lip balm like Merry Hempsters http://www.cosmosveganshoppe.com/Merchan鈥?/a>
You cannot make her stop. When I had bees I had to work longer hours than them. I had to get up each morning before them and wake them with my whip. Then I stood over them all day snapping it to keep them moving.
Ask her what she likes about it, and then buy her something else that will work as well for her.
idk, but i love it lol! and its all natural, so what? and if your seriously stressing just tell her what youv just told me.
If you are trying to make vegans look stupid you are doing an excellent job.





Were you called Ashley in another YA life?
if burt's bees was lying about animal testing, they'd be liable in civil suits, and the people responsible would be held criminally liable. if you had any actual proof she might take you more seriously. and no one actually makes the bees do anything. the bees work because it is their nature. you might as well get upset because bread is made with the grain that the plant made for itself. those cruel farmers, making the plants row all day and night, and then at the end they just kill them! i hope you don't consume any plat material, because if you do then you are far more cruel than your sister. but back to your point, you say it's animal abuse as far as you're concerned. that's the point, is that it's your opinion, not hers. she obviously doesn't feel that it's abuse, so leave her alone.
Well, they can't really test it on animals then write ';Not Tested On Animals'; on their products. Which means it's not tested on animals.





Some people don't consider bees as an animal, because well... they aren't. They're actually insects. Some vegans don't harm insects and some do. It's all choice. You're sister chose not to count bees as something that needs to be protected by her, and that's totally her choice. You should respect it.





I personally don't use Burt's Bees lip balm, but that's just because I can't stand the smell, it's horrible.





Anyway, seriously, what's with your bee obsession?

No comments:

Post a Comment