Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is natural lip balm a good eye primer?

I got an answer saying that would work.. do u guys have any suggestions for an inexpensive eye primer.. thanks guys. :)Is natural lip balm a good eye primer?
While Urban Decay's primer potion is a decent product that works for a lot of people, I would suggest you don't get swept up in all of the hype. If you want to try it, I'd suggest getting a sample from Sephora. A cheaper alternative UDPP is L'Oreal's De-crease base. I haven't tried it personally, but I've heard that its similar to UDPP but about half the price. Sally Hansen makes one as well that I have yet to try but I believe that one is around $10. Another option is to use L'Oreal HiP paints. I have one in secretive that works nicely. Hope this helpsIs natural lip balm a good eye primer?
It's good if you're looking to make your eyeshadow go on brighter/more pigmented because it will give the powder something to stick to, but it will not help it last longer because lip balm is greasy and will crease like many cream eyeshadows, especially if you have oilier eye lids. I would suggest using Urban Decay Primer potion. Of all the primers I've tried it works the best and a little goes a long way. It is $17 for .34 oz, but I've had mine for almost 6 months and there's still more left, even though I use it everyday. Here's the link for it at Sephora: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P74310%26amp;categoryId=B70. Other primers you might wish to try: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Mac Prep and Prime Eye, and Laura Mercier Eye Basics. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment