Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is Chapstick, lipstick, or makeup unsafe? What is a home remedy type lip balm?

I recently read a news article that claimed that many makeup ingredients could be somewhat unsafe, cause cancer, etc. I doubt the problem is with moderate use, but if you were to have a whole bunch of makeup products on your face every day for over 50 years, then perhaps certain sensitive or genetically predisposed indviduals could have problems. My grandma always used to tell me not to put makeup on when I was young. She told me she felt it wasn't safe, but I wore layers of it for many years anyway. Now that I'm older, I have really tried to live a healthier lifestyle. Have you heard anything about the safety of makeup ingredients? Is there a lip balm that you can make from safe kitchen ingredients? Is Chapstick, lipstick, or makeup unsafe? What is a home remedy type lip balm?
i agree do some research and stay always from Paraben's %26amp; petroleum. Soy and beeswax are ok.Is Chapstick, lipstick, or makeup unsafe? What is a home remedy type lip balm?
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the fountain of youth. Also Grape Seed Oil. About a year ago, I switched from store bought skin care to these oils and my skin has never looked better. Only Creme de La Mer comes close. But if you don't have $200 for a jar, then I highly recommend these oils. Just a few drops will do. And your skin will drink it right in so no need to worry about an oily greasy face. My lines have diminished, sun damage is healed and are no more dry patches. I even get asked what it is I use on my face! Try it for a week and see. Grape Seed oil is wonderful for chapped lips too.
My wife is 77 years old on Thursday.She has worn a light makeup for years.She uses a skin cleanser,and an anti-wrinkle cream.She doesn't wear lipstick.Her skin is fine,and actually she looks younger than some of our friends who are smokers.A natural lip balm could be made from cocoa butter.This is a product on the market these days,made from natural ingredients.I agree with your Grandma.Modern cosmetics are made from all sorts of chemicals.If you want to stay young-looking stay away from chemical muck.
I use vaseline as lip balm. it works great(you could use bag balm too, I don't though cuz I'm allergic)
  • cosmetics
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment